This weekend the Northerns Juniors Squash Association hosted the Pro Kennex Graded Open.
- 3 venues
- 10 sections
- 11 courts
- 150 enthusiastic players
- 300 anxious parents
- 375 matches
- 11 250 minutes of squash
All done and dusted in 2 ½ days. We want to thank Pro Kennex for the wonderful prizes as well as the players for their participation in which we had participants from Botswana, WC, KZN, NW, Easterns, Central Gauteng.
The final results of the tournament are as follows:
Here are the details of the Northerns Closed tournament for players eligible to represent Northerns at the Growthpoint IPT in Durban (Jarvis/Kaplan cup).
Please note that it’s a midweek tournament with an early start and late finish. Also note that there will be a preliminary round and qualifying round on the Sunday before the main tournament starts.
- Date: Sunday 5 May to Thursday 9 May 2019
- Venue: PHSOB (Pretoria High School Old Boys)
- Playing times: Sunday 12h00 to 18h00 and during the week every evening from 17h00 – 22h00
- Sections: Men A, B, C and a Ladies section subject to number of entries.
- Qualifying: Maximum 64 entries. A qualifying round will be played on Sunday 5 May to determine final sections. Losers who don’t make it into the main draw will be refunded R100 of the entry fee.
- Closing date for entries: Tuesday, 30 April 2019 – 13h00.
- Convenor: Blaar Coetzee – 082 781 6917
- Any queries should be directed to the convenor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter on the tournament page.
Masters IPT Selection Criteria (singles and doubles)
- You must be 35 on the 8th of September the current year
- You must annually register for NMSA R 125
- You must have an active NSF number and be in good standing with your club.
- You must have an active SA Squash number R120. You can acquire or verify at www.SportyHQ.com
- You must have competed in one of the NMSA tournaments in the specific year and have indicated that you are available for the IPT selection. The following NMSA tournaments is IPT qualifiers:
- 1 Open satellite tournament.
- 1 Closed tournament.
- NMSA Sponserd league series.
The team will then be selected from the masters that qualified and indicated that they are available for ITP team selection.
Teams are selected by the age group and strength by the committee.
Teams approach the committee and if both entrants qualify they will be in the team. Remember there are mixed and single gender teams, you can play in both.
Here are the results up to the semi finals and the draws for the finals on Sunday at Harlequins: NSA Satellite 1 tournament 2019.
- Players are obliged to mark/referee the following match.
- If you play in the 2nd slot of the round, you have to be present to mark/referee the match before yours.
- Players must be present 30 minutes before the scheduled time of their match. Be ready to play when the match before yours is finished.
Good luck with the tournament.