Uitsig held their inaugural squashathon on 19/20 September with the goal of playing non-stop squash on 4 courts for 24 hours. Starting at 18h00 of Friday, with the assistance of Maryna Fourie and her enthusiastic Centurion Junior squash players, members of Uitsig Squash Club embarked on a journey into the unknown. Over 24 hours, 50+ squash enthusiasts Continue reading
Congratulations to all the juniors on a good tournament with more than 170 entries!
Here are the full results for the tournament: NJSA START OF SEASON SEP 2014 RESULTS.
The Northerns teams that participated in the annual Inter-provincial squash tournament in Durban from 6 to 9 September had mixed results, as can be expected. Congratulations to the 2 teams that won their sections – the Men 35A and 60A teams. Here are the full results of the 12 teams:
- 35-39 A – 1st
- 40-44 A – 2nd
- 40-44 B – 4th
- 45-49 A – 4th
- 45-49 B – 3rd
- 50-54 A – 5th
- 50-54 B – 6th
- 50-54 C – 6th
- 55-59 A – 4th
- 60-64 A – 1st
- Ladies A – 3rd
- Ladies B – 5th (C-section)
Dear players and parents
Please find the draw for the upcoming tournament at the end of this post. Just a few important notes:
- All under 11 and 13 matches, boys and girls, will be played at St Mary’s DSG (Latitude 25º 45′ 21.88″ S Longitude 28º 14′ 27.54″ E). Map attached.
- All under 14, 16 and 19 matches will be played at TUKS (University of Pretoria)( S25° 45’ 10” E28º 14’ 46”). GPS directions to main sports centre, please view attached for map of courts (nr 9).
- Prize-giving will be at Tuks on Sunday, hopefully around 13h00. Recipients of prizes in the younger age-groups will have to go to the prize-giving at TUKS to receive their prizes
- I have tried my best to accommodate playing problems, but I have only been able to help in the first round as it will depend on wins and losses from there. I am sorry for people travelling from other cities and who requested not to play on Friday, in was impossible in some cases. It is also a very big draw and there are too many rounds to accommodate single players. If you enter for a tournament you must be available for the duration thereof. Please try your best to play all your matches.
- You have to be at the courts at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
- I cannot reschedule any matches now as all times have now been posted so please do not send in any more requests.
- If you are playing in the 2nd round of the day, you have to mark and referee for the 1st round as well as after your own match!
- You cannot change playing times unless cleared with the tournament organiser, your AGR or the tournament referee and it is acceptable to the opponent.
- No matches are to be played at another venue than at the ones stipulated!
- NB no-shows and players withdrawing without doctor’s notes will be penalised by NJSA in the form of a tournament ban or possible exclusion from future teams. It is disrespectful towards your opponent and the organisers.
- Balls: under 11 and 13 – double yellow dot, under 14 – 19 – green dot
Enjoy the tournament and please take a few minutes to read the attached ‘Tournament Etiquette’ document!
When: 3rd October – 5th October
Where: Welkom – Squash courts
Entry Feee: R350.00 p/p
Closing date: 1st September
Goldfields Invite Form