It has come to Squash South Africa’s notice that the correct WSF accredited protective eyewear is not being used.
For doubles and for players under 19 the correct eyewear MUST be used. All players under 19 – whether in or out of school – MUST wear protective eyewear at ALL tournaments/league matches.
Provinces/Tournament Organisers PLEASE enforce the use of the accredited eyewear.
Particularly concerning is the use of the eyeware bought at hardware stores – a plastic shard in someone’s eye and perhaps the loss of that eye is worth a lot more than the price paid for the eyewear.
In the United States everyone including coaches are not allowed to step on the court if they do not have protective eyewear on.
Here is the list of approved eyewear: WSF Approved eyewear 2018
The Northerns Squash Federation held their annual awards function at the Voortrekker Monument on Thursday evening with a large number of people attending to celebrate the province’s success story of the 2018 season.
Northerns have had an exceptional season on all levels, especially at junior and senior level. The province won the Gary Thompson award for the most successful province at the senior Growthpoint IPT after winning the Men’s C & D sections and performing well in the other sections too. Individual players also won a variety of awards at the IPT.
The juniors weren’t far behind, winning 9 medals out of 13 teams that participated in the age group IPT’s, including 3 gold, 2 silver and 4 bronze. A record number of 14 juniors made the SA Top 10 rankings and 3 Northerns players were selected to play in the WSF World Junior championships.
Here is a summary of the major awards for the evening:
- Player of the year: Craig Ruane
- Chairman’s awards: Anna Botha & Bertus Kruger
- Primary schools players of the year: Luhann Groenewald & Awande Malinga
- u14 players of the year: Brett Mclachlan & Deneil Beukes
- Senior players of the year: Mikael Clayton & Helena Coetzee
- Chairman’s awards: Reece Mclachlan & Helena Coetzee
- Blitz league winners: Harlequins (Ladies) & PCC (Men)
- League winners: Harlequins (Ladies) & Uitsig (Men)
- Growthpoint IPT Best of the rest: Callan Hall & Donna Lobban
- Growthpoint IPT D section winners: James Terblanche, Jason Phillips, Wesley Daniels, Nico Ras, Wayne Muller
- Growthpoint IPT C section winners:Mikael Clayton, Nell van der Merwe, Craig Ruane, Murray Schepers, Jarrad Rocher
- Justin van der Merwe tropyhy: Mat Dewey
- Pieter Bell trophy: Kundanji Kalengo
- Uitsig trophy: SABS & SARB
- Woody Kaiser trophy: PCC
- NSA player of the year: Callan Hall
- NSA Chairman’s award: Andrew Martin & Kyle Maree
- NSF President’s award: Mike Pierce
- NSF player of the year: Craig Ruane
Here is a full list of all the award winners: NSF Awards 2018
Photos of the evening can be seen on http://www.northerns.co.za/galleries/2018-nsf-awards-function/.
Notice is hereby given of the NJSA AGM to be held at Pretoria Boys High School Old Boys Club, following directly after the conclusion of the AGM of the NSA that starts at 18h00 at the same venue. The NJSA AGM should start at approximately 19h00.
2. Approval of the minutes of the previous AGM
3. Chairman’s report
4. Financial statements for the year ending 30 September 2018
5. Election of office bearers
5.a. Chairman and Vice chairman
5.b. Committee members
6. Appointment of Auditor for the ensuing year
8. Closing of the meeting
The following documents will be available on the website (Juniors tab) from Monday, 15 October:
1. Minutes of the previous AGM
2. Financial statements of the NJSA (preliminary)
3. Treasurer’s report
The Constitution of the NJSA determines that the members of the NJSA are the Clubs and Schools with junior players as members, that have applied for membership and was accepted as members by the Association. The members’ representatives must attend the AGM and complete the business on the Agenda.
All parents are welcome to attend the AGM. If you want to nominate anyone for a position on the Committee, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NSA AGM will be held at the Pretoria High School Old Boys Club on the 29th of October at 18:00 and the NSF awards function has been scheduled for the 1st of November (details to follow).
Find below the minutes from the previous delegates’ meeting containing the proposed changes to be voted upon at the AGM.
Minutes of the Delegates Meeting on 2018-08-21
Additionally, the executive committee has proposed the following change to section 11 of the by-laws:
NSA by laws section 11 proposed change AGM 2018
Kindly ensure that a representative from your club is present to vote on these proposed changes.
The annual Northerns Squash Federation Awards function takes place on 1 November 2018 at the Voortrekker Monument. At the function the top performers of the Province will be honoured for their achievements through the season.
Here are a list of the highlights of the awards that will be made (not all listed):
- NSA league winners and runners-up and the winners of league trophies
- NSA merit awards – special awards from the Growthpoint IPT (previously known as the Jarvis/Kaplan tournament) and USSA tournament, team awards from the Growthpoint IPT, player of the year, NSA Chairman’s award
- NMSA player of the year and Chairman’s award
- NJSA merit awards, IPT winners, SA Top 10 players and SA team members to the Junior World championships
- Northerns Squash Federation player of the year and President’s award.
Book your ticket at the following link and make payment of the R260 ticket fee to your club – bookings.
Check on the list below the form to make sure your booking was accepted. If you’re not on the list, please make another booking.