Here are the updated draws for the NMSA Closed: NMSA Closed 2014 Draws Final round.
The prize giving will take place directly after the finals that start at 11h00. Lunch will be ready by 12h15 and social after that. A sms will be sent to all players to get numbers for the braai – you will have to pay for guests who didn’t play in the tournament.
- Please make sure you write your score on the sheet provided at the court after the match.
- If you’re NOT playing at the designated venue and time, please inform the tournament convenor in advance.
- Players are obliged to mark/referee the following match.
- Men will play on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, with the final round on Saturday morning. Ladies will play on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, with the final round also on Saturday morning. Please make yourself available to complete the tournament. D section plays on Friday as well.
- After the finals there will be a prize giving and social event. More information to follow.
- The Dunlop Pro ball (“Double Yellow dot”) will be used for the tournament.
- Scoring for all sections will be PAR to 15.
Northerns player Johnny Orsmond reached the final of his age group in the WSF World Masters Squash Championships that took place in Hong Kong China last week. Johnny won the silver medal in the over 60 age group. Another Northerns player Farrah Fenner (Sterne) beat compatriot Sam Herbert in the play-off to win the bronze medal in the women over 35 section. Full match results below.
Other Northerns players who participated were Pieter Swart, Trevor Wilkinson, Peter Mclachlan, Peter Howarth, and Varick von Broembsen.
Full results can be found on the tournament website – www.worldmasterssquash.com.
- Men’s Finals: Over-60:  John Macrury (CAY) bt [3/4] Johnny Orsmond (RSA) 11-7, 9-11, 11-5, 5-11, 11-7 (38m)
- Women’s Finals: Over-35:  Natalie Grainger (USA) bt  Melissa Martin (AUS) 11-4 ret.
Bronze medal play-off: [3/4] Farrah Fenner (RSA) bt [3/4] Sam Herbert (RSA) 11-9, 11-5, 11-6 (23m)
The Northerns junior IPT teams achieved the following results in the different age groups. Congratulations to the players, team managers, coaches and parents on all the achievements.
U13 played in Port Elizabeth:
- Boys A – 5th
- Girls A – 4th
- Boys B – 10th
- Girls B – 5th
- Top 10: n/a for u13.
U14 played in Johannesburg:
- Boys A – 4th
- Girls A – 1st
- Boys B – 4th
- Top 10: Mikhael Clayton (1), Helena Coetzee (2), Shané Luyt (6)
U16 played in East London:
- Boys A – 4th
- Girls A – 5th
- Boys B – 6th
- Girls B – 7th
- Top 10: Nico Ras (4), Nothando Ntimane (5), Amy Mentz (8)
U19 played in Paarl:
- Boys A – 2nd
- Girls A – 3rd
- Boys B – 1st
- Girls B – 2nd
- Top 10: Marko Fourie (5), Josh Pretorius (8), Makgosi Peloakgosi (2), Boipelo Montwedi (10)
Full results of the IPT are available on the Squash SA website under tournament results.
Northerns junior player Makgosi Peloakgosi has been selected by Squash SA to represent SA at the Junior Women’s Individual Championships to be played in Windhoek from 10th - 21st August 2014. She will be joined by Kacey Leigh Dodd.
Lawrence Kuhn, Aubrey Lawrence, J P van der Merwe and Wayne Sithole will represent South Africa at the World Junior Men’s individual and Team Championships to be played in Windhoek from 10th - 21st August 2014. Justin Wesson is the travelling reserve and he will play in the Individual Championships.
The manager is Calvin Deutschmann.
When: 3rd October 2014 – 05 October 2014
Entry Fees: R350.00 p/p
Last Date of Entry: 01 September 2014
Goldfields Invite Form 2014