It has been decided at a delegates meeting that an extension will be granted (until the 15th of May) to those who are unable to play their matches scheduled during next week (27 – 30 April) as a result of the public holidays, subject to the agreement of their opponents to play the match at a later date. These results must be sent to me by the 15th of May.
We normally have a very strict rule that all matches must be completed by the scheduled fixture date, but as a result of all of the public holidays a special concession has been made in this case.
The following to apply:
- All scores to be on the system by day end on 15th May, otherwise both teams lose all points.
- Clubs will be encouraged to still play these games on the scheduled dates
- Clubs wanting to postpone their games will need to convince their opponents to play the game later
- Clubs must be aware that the week of 11 to 14/15 May is being used for the NSA Closed.
- Mention be made that the requirement is normally to play beforehand, but that this is then a special concession.
Entries have opened for the NJSA Closed tournament that takes place from 8 – 10 May 2015. This is the final selection tournament for the age group Inter Provincial Tournaments that take place from 26 June in various locations.
You can only enter online on the NJSA tournament entry page (click on the link to enter) and entries have to be in by midnight on Friday, 1 May 2015.
The 2nd rendition of the Uitsig Double Trouble 2015 came to a fitting end on Saturday as we remembered Justin vd Merwe. Our thoughts are still within Alison and family on the loss of a great ambassador to the sport.
DTT ’15 comprised of 34 teams of two players per team catering the Great, Good and Beginners as well as the Young and Old with players from 1st to 15th league and 11 to 65 years old participating across 95 matches.
Playing a combination of doubles and singles and accumulating points to determine the result; the finals proved how close the matches were. Section winners were:
- A Section – Old Dog New Tricks (Derek vd Merwe & Brett Cousins) beating E = RC2 (RC Joubert & Ralph du Toit) by just 6 points
- B Section – Gr8 Whites (Deon Groenewald & Barend Lourens) beating Team Oh! (Koch de Jager & Derek de Klerk) on a count out.
- C Section – Thunder & Lightning (Marnus & Beandri v Loggerenberg) beating Huff & Puff (Ryno Coetzee & Dana v Zyl) by 6 points.
- D Section – Load Shedders (Hannes Wahl & Alan Botha) amassing a mammoth 618 points in 5 matches.
And in true tradition the teams lived up to the fun side of the event:
- Best Dressed : Guns ‘n Roses (Colin Friend & Delana de Jongh)
- Best Gees : CSIR and Kentron (Stefan Apelcryn & Koch de Jager)
- Best Name : Nerd Herd (JP Britz & Theanette Smit)
- Most Appropriate Name : Amakrokke (Audette Smith & Lueann de Beer) – both injured in the tournament but played through!
2016 promises to be bigger and better!
Cheers for now.
Brett and the Uitsig Team
The Northerns Squash community would like to extend our condolences to the family and friends of Justin van der Merwe, well known squash player and referee, who passed away on Friday, 3 April.
Attached are the final results of the NSA Satellite 1. Thanks to Harlequins and CBCOB for the use of their facilities over the weekend. A high standard of squash was seen over the weekend with worthy winners of the various sections. Mens C sectionwas won by Andrew McMahon after the closest final of the day over Quintin Taljard. Mens B section was won by Jacques Kruger over Johan Fourie. Ladies final was won in an upset by Makgosi Peloakgosi who overcame the top seed Megan Page. A high quality mens final was won in fine style by the top seed Kelvin Ndhlovu over JP Brits. NSA Satelite draw