The NJSA Closed tournament takes place this weekend.
Please find updated results and draws from Day 2. Please note some sections have a venue change from today.
Please be reminded again of the following which must be adhered to.
o Unacceptable attire shall include:
- Tracksuits (tracksuit trousers may be worn for religious regions after approval)
- Long sleeved tops
- Promotional cotton t-shirts
- Aerobic bodysuit of any description
- Long sleeved compression garments
- Full length compression stockings (leggings)
o Playing clothing shall consist of:
- For men – a short-sleeved polo shirt with an attached collar or non-cotton t-shirt and shorts outfit, sleeveless playing top and shorts outfit, shorts, socks and non-marking indoor court shoes. Compression shorts above the knee are allowed to be worn under playing shorts. Compression socks up to the knee are allowed.
- For women – A short-sleeved polo shirt with an attached collar or non-cotton t-shirt, sleeveless non-cotton vest top, dress, shorts, skirt, socks and non-marking indoor court shoes. Compression shorts above the knee are allowed to be worn under playing shorts, skirts and dresses. Compression socks up to the knee are allowed.
The NSA Closed tournament came to a conclusion on Thursday evening after the biggest field in the past 25 years had played 4 intensive rounds of squash. In all but one section it was the top seed that dominated, with the top 2 in all the finals. Overall there were some major upsets along the way with good performances by the likes of James Terblanche, Wayne Muller and Sven Claassen in the A-section.
In the men’s A-section final Gary Naidoo fought of a valiant Kyle Maree to take the match 3-1 in 45 minutes. The ladies final was an anti climax as Hannelize Human injured her ankle in the semi-finals and had to concede the match to Christine Ferreira without a ball being hit.
The B-section final between Mark Schickerling and Blaine Verhage had the sizable crowd on the edge of their seats with a 55-minute humdinger going Schickerling’s way and a final score of 3-1. The C-section saw the only small upset to the top 2 seedings when Martin Currin who was the second seed beat Johnny Maritz 3-2. In the D-section Reinhardt Falk beat Leon de Lange 3-1.
Here are the full results: NSA Closed 2018 tournament final results
Gary Naidoo (1), Kyle Maree (2), Craig Ruane (4) and Nell van der Merwe (3) in the A-section.
Kim McDonald (3), Hannelize Human (2) and Christine Ferreira (1) in the Ladies section.
Martin Currin (winner B), Johnny Maritz (runner-up B) and Reinhardt Falk (winner D).
Mark Schickerling (1) and Blaine Verhage (2) in the B-section.
All the winners at the 2018 NSA Closed.
Here are the draws for the FINAL round.
Please note that times and court allocations for further rounds are preliminary and will be finalised in the morning before each round.
DRAWS: NSA Closed 2018 tournament draws Round 4 (updated 10h50 Thursday)
- Date: 14-17 May 2018
- Venue: Pretoria Country Club
- Convenor: Blaar Coetzee – 082 781 6917
- Any queries should be directed to the convenor at email@example.com
- The tournament will be played on a Swiss pairing format (where possible) from Monday to Thursday, 1 match per evening from 18h00 onwards.
- Entries will only be accepted once proof of payment is provided. The entry fee is R200.
NMSA Satellite 2 & Sponsored League 2018
Entries now open on https://goo.gl/5idhqA (Tab “Tournament Info &Entries”)
NORTHERNS JUNIOR CLOSED TOURNAMENT
18 – 20 May 2018
Boys & Girls u11 – u19
Open ONLY to PAID UP NJSA REGISTERED Players
This is a COMPULSORY TOURNAMENT for National IPT Selection
- Closing date for entries: Noon, Monday 14 May 2018.
- Entry fee: R250 (non-refundable / includes a R15.00 SA Schools Squash levy)
- Venues: Pretoria Country Club, Pretoria High School Old Boys and CBC Old Boys.
Entries on the Juniors page.