COVID-19 and SEASON UPDATE
January is almost over; the school holidays have been exceptional and I am sure you itching to get your shining stars back on court.
Activity has commenced at club and provincial level however after almost a year of the pandemic we are still at the mercy of the Lockdown regulations making it difficult to plan and roll out the season.
With the health of our players, parents and spectators at the helm and albeit we can, in certain circumstances, still remain active, it has been decided that all current events remain suspended until the re-opening of the schools on 15 February.
Junior Associations do heed extra caution and follow the guidance of the education departments so albeit some players are already active at club level, NJSA has opted to heed the advisory of the government and await the re-opening of the schools.
Key to the decisions to run events are the requirements and adherence
- Events with no more than 50 people including staff allowed
- Spectators are prohibited
- NJSA and SSA Sporty HQ Registration
- Full protocol requirements
TERM 1 EVENTS
Whilst ensuring we adhere to the regulations; we are eager to get the season going. With that, the following events are pencilled for Term 1
- High School League – Dates TBA
- Serious Fun 1 – TBA
- NJSA Round Robin – 26 to 28 February (It is a private school long weekend however we have very few weekends)
- NJSA Graded – 26 to 28 March
A great deal depends on the school terms and activities and thus finality will happen upon the re-opening of the schools.
Out the box thinking will also be needed to ensure we can complete the event within the relevant regulation
2021 MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
NJSA registration is open and COMPULSORY in order to partake in any sanctioned event.
U13 players and upwards are also required to register for Squash South Africa however this is effective from March so we will re-iterate this later. In the interim, we encourage players to register on NJSA so that they are fully compliant before entering an event.
The following applies for 2021
- ALL players wishing to partake in the NJSA Season or sanctioned event, must register on the NJSA Website http://www.northerns.co.za/njsa-documents/njsa-registration/
- Players registered during 2020 MUST re-register
2021 Registration Fee’s
- First-time registrations or outstanding 2020 Fee’s: R300
- Re-registration (i.e., players registered and paid up in 2020): No Fee
We hope to get players back on court, safely, in the very near future. Watch this space as more announcements follow during the next two weeks