NORTHERNS CLOSED ROUND ROBIN TOURNAMENT – SPORTYHQ
26 – 28 February 2021
Boys & Girls u11 – u19
OPEN TO ALL JUNIOR PLAYERS REGISTERED WITH NJSA
Players may ONLY play in their 2021 Age Group
This is a qualifier for the NJSA IPTs 2021
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS
- All COVID-19 Regulations have to be adhered to
- Masks to warn at all times except if playing, marking or refereeing
- All entrants must screen and sign the attendance register
- All NJSA rules to be adhered to
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Only entries via SPORTYHQ will be accepted.
- If you DO NOT RECEIVE a confirmation e-mail, check your email spam; then check the SportyHQ website for your entry. If you cannot find your entry contact email@example.com
- Family discount applies.
- Playing venues: Various Clubs in Pretoria East
- Playing times:
- Friday 17:00 – 21:00 (Covid-19 dependent),
- Saturday 08:00 – 19:00
- Sunday 08:00 – 15:00
- Players must be available for the duration of the tournament
- Players must be ready to play 30 minutes before their scheduled time
- Both players must MARK and REFEREEmatches (winner referees; loser marks) following their match or risk disqualification and/or disciplinary steps
- No intimidation of players, markers or referee’s during and after play will be tolerated
- Spectators, unfortunately, are not allowed
- TOURNAMENT LOGISTICS:
- Closing Date: 12:00, MONDAY 22 FEBRUARY 2021. No late entries accepted.
- Squash SA Registration: Compulsory and up to date for u13 to u19 players
- Format: Round Robin. Organiser has the right to mix age groups based on entries.
- Age groups: u11 (2010 & later); u13 (2008 & 2009); u14 (2007); u16 (2005 & 2006); u19 (2002, 2004 & 2004)
- Communication: eMail only: firstname.lastname@example.org..
- Tournament Referee: Reinhardt Falk
- Entry fees:
- R 300 per player – The full fee per player is payable on Sporty HQ
- If more than 1 family member enters (living in same household) each player’s NJSA account will be credited as follows:
- 2 players: R50 per player
- 3 players: R65 per player
- The credit can be used to offset other NJSA costs
- Entry fees are non-refundable / includes the R15.00 SA Schools Squash levy
- TOURNAMENT AVAILABILITY:
- Arriving later than 10 minutes after the scheduled time will result in the player forfeiting the match
- Players start immediately after the match prior to their scheduled match – SO BE WARMED UP
- If a player forfeits a match, it will count as a result. They may be withdrawn from the tournament
- A tournament is considered incomplete if withdrawal is not for a medical reason (accompanied by a medical certificate within 48 hours)
- Incomplete tournaments will not count towards the qualification criteria.
- Reschedules will not be allowed.
- First-round times will be posted on www.sportyhq.com and www.northerns.co.za by Thursday evening before Day 1
- Continuously check the draw for venues and times at the tournament.
- Players must be available to start matches from 17h00 on Friday.
- There will be no prize giving, for safety purposes. Players can collect their prize after the section final. Only winning prize winner may collect their prize.
- CONDUCT AND BEHAVIOUR:
- The 4-minute warm up and 90-second game break rule will be strictly monitored.
- Players and spectators must adhere and abide to the SA Squash Rules and NJSA Code of Conduct.
- Instances of misconduct and bad behaviour will be severely sanctioned by NJSA.
- The decision of the tournament referee is final.
- No shows, late withdrawals or not marking may result in the banning of players.
- Use of WSF approved protective eyewear in every match is compulsory – including during warm up or social games. (No exceptions can be made).
- The players, as indicated by SA Squash and WSF standards, must wear the correct clothing.
- Photos taken by NJSA, SA Squash or their nominated official may be posted onto our social pages.
- By entering this tournament, you consent to use of any photos of you and your family on the NJSA and affiliate websites and social pages.
- Videoing of matches is only permissible on the consent of both players / parents
Scan this QR Code