NORTHERNS TOP SCHOOLS PLAY OFF RULES
- Only 1 team per High School is allowed.
- Players selected must be registered NJSA players and in good standing with NJSA.
- Schools entering must be in good standing with NJSA.
Teams and Selection
- Each team will consist of 6 players.
- The team playing order must be recorded on the entry form.
- This is a Top Schools event and therefore schools have the option of playing their top 6 players, irrespective of gender. They will play in the Boys section. Any girls selected may not play in two sections.
- The highest place all boys and all girls teams will be invited to represent NJSA at the National Top Schools event .
- Team playing order changes must be submitted to the tournament organiser before the start of the first fixture for ratification. Changes will be at the organiser’s sole discretion.
- No changes may be made to the playing order once the first fixture has started.
- WSF approved eyewear is compulsory whenever a player is on court.
- SA Squash clothing guide must be followed.
- The Dunlop High Altitude (green dot) ball will be used.
- NJSA reserves the right to add Invitation teams to the draws in their own discretion.
Fixtures and Scoring
- The format of the draw will be determined once all the entries have been received but teams are required to be available as follows:
- Friday 17 May 14h30 to 21h30
- Saturday 18 May 09h00 to 17h00
- Sunday 19 May 08h00 to 13h00
- Reserves (Nr 6) must play friendly matches in each fixture, their points won’t count. If a player is injured, lower players move up in the same order and the reserve plays at #5.
- The order of play will be 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 except for the last round whereby the order will be drawn randomly; but the Nr. 1 must play within the first 3 matches.
- Players are required to mark and referee the match after their own, the winner is the referee. The marking order will be 1, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2. For the first match the team mentioned first will be the referee.
- Scoring will be best of 5 games, PAR 11 (win by 2).
- 1 point for each game won and 5 bonus points to the team that wins the most matches.
- Teams are requested to arrive 30 min before the fixture is due to start.
- Players must be available to go on court immediately after the previous game is complete.
- A player not ready to play within 5 minutes of the previously completed match may forfeit their match 0-3.
- Team must play at the provided venue on the stipulated dates and times. No alternative arrangements will be allowed.
- Completed results sheets must be signed by both managers and will be treated as accurate and correct. The result sheet must be handed to the court supervisor on completion of the fixture.
- SA and SA Top Schools rules will be in force where applicable.
NJSA Committee 2019
ENTRY FORM – Entries close on Monday 13th May 20h00