Below are the draws for the tournament this weekend 7-9 September. Please bear in mind:
- Players must be available for the duration of the tournament.
- Players must be ready to play 30 MINUTES before their scheduled time.
- Arriving later than 15 minutes after the scheduled time will result in the player forfeiting the match.
- The follow-on system Players will start immediately after the match prior to their scheduled match.
- Venues: Pretoria Country Club / Pretoria High School Old Boys.
- Continuously check the draw for venues and times at the tournament. Some players play at both venues.
- Players must MARK and REFEREE matches (winner referees; loser marks) following their match or risk disqualification and/or disciplinary steps.
- Full conditions of entry at: http://www.northerns.co.za/njsa-documents/njsa-open-tournament-page/
Good luck for the tournament. Have fun and play in a spirit of good sportsmanship at all times.
Draws for pool rounds or full round robin, as applicable. Cross-pool draws to follow on completion of the pool rounds: NJSA Start of season Sep 2018 draws (Update Fri 13:40).
All queries to be mailed to email@example.com.
NJSA Committee 2018
Congratulations to the following winners of the NJSA raffle. Thank you for everybody’s support to raise funds for the IPT.
- Iphone 8 64Gb (to the value of R12 000) – Warwick Lord
- Huawei PSmart (to the value of R5 000) – Menine Muller
- Samsung J7 (to the value of R3 500) – Jean-Louis Brand
- Huawei 7″ Tablet (to the value of R3 000) – Helen Lubbe
- Samsung J5 (to the value of R2 000) – Ria Coetzee
- Huawei LTE Router (to the value of R2 000) – Christian Sander
We will be in contact to arrange for delivery of your prize.
Enter now for the NJSA Start of season tournament.
- Date: 07 – 09 September 2018
- Age groups: Boys & Girls u11 to u19 – open to all junior players (2019 age groups apply)
- Accommodation: Hosting available for players from other provinces.
- Closing date for entries: 12h00 on Monday, 3 September 2018
- Squash SA registration is required: Register online at SportyHQ
- Tournament format: Round robin
- Entry fee: R250 (non-refundable / includes a R15.00 SA Schools Squash levy)
Only online entries will be accepted – ENTER HERE.
No fewer than 13 new players were welcomed to the Northerns Jarvis/Kaplan squad on Friday evening at a function hosted at Pretoria Country Club. A new look Men’s A side promises a strong performance in the A section, aided in the number 1 position by Egyptian Mazen Hesham. The Ladies will be boosted by world number 17 and Australian number 1, Donna Urquhart as they try to get the win that eluded them by a few points each time for the past 2 years.
The men’s squad is full of promising youngsters, notably Callan Hall, Mikael Clayton, Nico Ras, Murray Schepers, Brandon Thomas, Jarrad Rocher, Blaine Verhage and Barry Coetzee of whom only Mikael Clayton and Barry Coetzee have played Jarvis for Northerns before.
Apart from the 6 young men and 2 international players already mentioned Northerns also welcome Andrew Martin, Kyle Maree, Justin Cook, Helena Coetzee and Amy Farrel to the squad for the first time. Martin recently transferred from KZN and Maree from Central Gauteng.
Missing from the pictures were the following players:
- Men’s A side: Mazen Hesham, Ruan Olivier
- Ladies A side: Donna Urquhart, Milnay Louw, Christine Ferreira, Hannelize Human
- Men’s B side: Nell van der Merwe, Jarrad Rocher
- Ladies B side: Bronwyn Doeg
- Men’s C side: Wayne Muller, James Terblanche
- Men’s D side: Blaine Verhage, Barry Coetzee
Men’s A side present: Kyle Maree, Gary Naidoo, Andrew Martin, Callan Hall.
Megan Page, only player of the Ladies A side present with newly elected NSF President Anton Louw.
Men’s B side present: Murray Schepers, Mikael Clayton and Craig Ruane.
Ladies B side present: Jess McDonald, Jemma Dawson, Helena Coetzee, Kimberley McDonald and Bronwen Martin.
Men’s C side present: Nico Ras, Jason Phillips and Wesley Daniels.
Men’s D side present: Justin Cook, Brandon Thomas, Sven Claassen and Matthew Dewey.